Sky Go is an online streaming service that provides online TV and other videos on-demand content from the UK broadcaster Sky. You can stream Sky Go on a number of devices such as Smartphones, gaming consoles, and directly from your desktop environment via a browser. Sky Go offers a wide range of content via its channels. Content ranges from TV shows to popular live sporting action. Similar to other streaming services, Sky Go also imposes geo-restrictions and is available in the UK and Ireland.
Sky Go requires a subscription but its freely available for individuals who have a Sky TV cable or Satellite subscription. Unlike other streaming services, there are no internet, only subscriptions. This further restricts it to UK and Ireland citizens.
This guide is for Sky Go subscribers who have traveled abroad or gone for a vacation outside the UK/ Ireland, and they are unable to watch Sky Go online. Usually, if you try to access Sky Go outside the two regions, you will get the following message, “Sky Go is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland, and unfortunately we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please retry later.” If you get this message, do not despair, there’s still a way you can watch your favorite Sky Go content from abroad.
How to stream Sky Go from abroad
If you’re outside the UK and Ireland, a VPN is the most reliable way of gaining access to Sky Go content. Not any VPN can gain access to this streaming service; you need a reputable VPN service such as IPBurger VPN. IPBurger VPN service is suitable for unblocking geo-restricted content as it offers both dedicated and shared VPN IP addresses. Dedicated VPN IP addresses are the best as they are not used by anybody else, and their chances of being blocked are minimal. Also, IPBurger VPN has lightning speeds and unlimited bandwidth suitable for a seamless streaming experience.
Follow these steps to stream Sky Go from anywhere outside the UK and Ireland
- Sign up with IPBurger VPN.
- Download and install the suitable VPN application for your device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your IPBurger VPN account credentials.
- Connect to a UK VPN server.
- If using a browser, clear the cookies and browser cache
- Finally, launch the Sky Go service and watch your favorite content from anywhere you are in the world.
Still, you are not able to stream Sky Go?
If you have tried the above steps and still you are getting the error message for Sky Go, proceed as follows;
- Set your device’s time Zone to match that of UK, use UTC +0 or UTC +1
- Next, set English to be your system language
- Ensure you have cleared cookies and cache, if not working, open another browser, clear cookies and cache before connecting to Sky Go.
After all, is done, you should be able to Stream Sky Go without any problems.