Multimedia platforms and entertainment systems are trending right now among the Internet community. The market has plenty of options, starting with Netflix, Hulu, the BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, and other local channels and stations. However, all of them are paid, while Kodi is free. In this article, you will learn how to install Kodi on a Windows PC.
The Kodi fever
Kodi is a free open source software that allows users to stream numerous movies, TV series, documentaries, concerts, live games, and virtually all types of content from a host of devices: PlayStation Vue, Xbox, Windows PC, Android, iOS, MacOS, Linux, Roku, the Amazon Fire Stick (and Cube,) and more.
Kodi’s compatibility and content offerings make it an all-purpose media centre, letting users accessing, storing, downloading, and playing material online. It is open source, so its code has been audited and improved thanks to community contributions.
Additionally, Kodi is customizable in every sense of the word: you can change its appearance, the content you want to see or enjoy, and its features. Kodi is like a “puzzle,” and the “add-on” are the pieces that are needed to complete the masterpiece. These add-ons are the content bits available, officially or unofficially, to feed your Kodi experience.
When initially launched Kodi was named the Xbox Media Center (XBMC) thanks to its roots with the Xbox console. Four years ago, however, it was renamed to Kodi, and you can install it on Windows PC with relative ease.
Kodi and Windows: a match made in heaven
It was obvious that any software development made recently was going to be compatible with Microsoft Windows, arguably the most prominent operating system of all since its inception to the market long before the new millennium turned its page.
As a matter of fact, Kodi runs smoothly on Microsoft’s newest product, the Windows 10 operating system. So if you want to know whether you can install Kodi on a Windows PC, you will find out that the answer is a resounding yes.
How to install Kodi on a Windows PC
- Access the official Kodi download page, or the Microsoft Store, to get/download the app’s installation file.
- After completion, double-click on the recently downloaded file to open Kodi’s set up window.
- You will be prompted to start the installation of the Kodi app. Follow the instructions that the system provides.
- After completion, launch the Kodi app on your Windows PC. You will find the app on your desktop.
How to install Kodi add-ons on a Windows PC
- The first step is opening your Kodi app.
- Then, go to “Add-ons.”
- Click on the Package Installer Icon, located at the upper left.
- Click on “Install from the repository.”
- Then, select “Kodi Add-on Repository.”
- Choose “Video Add-ons.”
- Click on the add-on you wish to get, and then “Install.”
- After you see the notification that your add-on has been enabled, return to the Kodi home screen.
- Click on the “Add-ons” tab on the left.
- Select “Video Add-ons.”
- Every video add-on you install will be available on this screen.
Best Kodi add-ons for Windows PC
- iPlayer WWW
- NFL GamePass
- Fox Sports Go
- Big Star Movies
- CBC Sports
- MLB TV
- NFL Game Pass