Hulu is one of America’s most popular online streaming multimedia libraries, with tons of movies, series, documentaries, and short features available via video-on-demand (VOD) service. The plans start at $7.99 per month, but if you want to get Hulu for free, stay with us.
The basic package, the one with all the VOD content in the form of films, series, and other features, is the cheapest. However, the platform also offers one with No Commercials, and a plan with Live TV: the latter has more than 50 channels available for enjoyment.
In its beginning phase, Hulu offered a free plan. However, that is no longer the case. Since 2010, the platform morphed into a subscription-based service. That hasn’t stopped its success: it has more than 50 million subscribers, and it surpasses $500 million in annual revenue.
Some of Hulu’s original series
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Castle Rock
- Future Man
- The Mindy Project
- Difficult People
- The Looming Tower
- The Wrong Mans
- The Path
- Shut Eye
- Quick Draw
- East Los High
- The Awesomes
- I Love You, America with Sarah Silverman
- Resident Advisors
- Dimension 404
- The Hotwives of Orlando
- Mother Up!
How to get Hulu for free: is it possible?
Getting access to Hulu for free is something that many Americans and people from other locations have dreamed of since its inception to the online streaming market, and especially since the platform stopped offering its free version. One of the easiest ways of enjoying free Hulu content is by being a Sprint Unlimited customer.
Sprint Unlimited is TV for your mobile device: the subscribers have the option to have data, text messages, talk, and also stream video. There is also the chance to enjoy games and music, as well. The account costs $30 per month.
Sprint comes with a free year of Hulu with Limited Commercials, as well as a six-month trial of Tidal, a music streaming service. If you want to know more, Hulu with Limited Commercial is the basic plan of the platform. It has the whole movie, TV show, documentary, anime, and the Hulu original productions catalog. The only caveat is that it shows a few more commercials. That service costs $7.99 per month.
Sprint Unlimited users can enjoy a full year of free Hulu service, but they won’t be able to watch content via the “add-on” mode, including HBO, Showtime, or Cinemax. Additionally, a Sprint-powered Hulu account won’t be able to upgrade to No Commercials or Live TV.
How to set-up your Sprint Hulu account
- Deactivate your phone’s Wi-Fi, because Sprint needs to connect to your device via your data plan or network.
- Sign in to your Sprint account.
- Choose My Sprint, from the menu at the upper part of the display. If you are on mobile, press “More” as well.
- “Change Services,” an option located in the drop-down menu.
- Choose the line in which you will add the Hulu service.
- Go to “Services to Add.”
- Choose Hulu VOD (the one valued at $7.99.)
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Select “Continue.”
- Now, follow the link that the Sprint team will send you via text.
- The text reads: “You’re so close to streaming the TV you love. Finish your Hulu registration at https://www.hulu.com/sprint.”
- Complete registration by clicking on the link. Maintain your data plan active and your Wi-Fi shut down because Hulu needs to recognize that you are visiting from a Sprint device.
Watching Hulu for free via Microsoft Rewards
If you want more of a long-term option to get Hulu for free, you can try the Microsoft Rewards method. It doesn’t require much effort, but it does take some time. Again, it only provides access to the basic subscription, but if you use the gift cards to cover the cost of Hulu Live, you will also be able to enjoy more than 50 channels.
Microsoft Rewards is a program that gives customer points every time they use the Bing search engine. These points can be traded for prices that include Hulu Plus access via gift cards. There are several things you can do with the points, from donating them to charitable organizations to acquire Amazon gift cards.
How to use Microsoft Rewards:
- Go to rewards.microsoft.com.
- Select the “Try it now, free” option.
- Enter your Microsoft account.
- Follow the instructions, and you are good to go.
To get Hulu Plus with Microsoft Rewards:
- After activating the Microsoft Rewards program in your account, sign in to your account.
- Go to the Redeem Microsoft Rewards site.
- There, you will see the options you have for redeeming your points
- Look for the $25 Hulu Plus E-Gift Card.
- If you have enough points, click on Redeem Reward and then Redeem Reward again on the next page to confirm.
To redeem the Gift Card on Hulu:
- After you have claimed your gift card on the Microsoft Rewards page, check your inbox.
- You will receive an email with a code to claim the gift card’s value on Hulu.
- Go to Hulu.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the Redeem Your Gift page.
- Write the code.
- The balance will be reflected on your Hulu profile, so the next time they charge, it will be deducted from there.
- It usually takes three months of searches within the Microsoft Rewards system to afford access to the Hulu basic plan.
Enjoying Hulu with a VPN
Hulu is a fantastic streaming service for Americans. It is also available in Japan due to its broad catalog of anime content. However, the service is restricted to these two countries only and doesn’t offer other locations the chance to enjoy its original content.
To bypass geo-blocking, acquire the services of a VPN provider. Virtual Private Networks, or VPN, are online apps that implement encryption technologies to safeguard the customer’s IP address and traffic. Instead, the company will lend the client a temporary IP address from another nation of its selection, enabling international content that would be blocked under normal circumstances.
To watch Hulu from anywhere, you need to have an active account. But connecting to a VPN will allow you to acquire an American IP address to avoid being blocked by the service, and with it, you can enjoy all the platform’s content with no limits. IPBurger, with its robust encryption and choice of shared and dedicated IP numbers, is your best choice to watch Hulu.
In conclusion, while it is not expensive at all, not everybody can afford a Hulu subscription. To get Hulu for free, you can subscribe via Sprint Unlimited and get a year off the streaming service, or you can earn gift cards via the Microsoft Rewards program.